Why we love Squarespace - and you will too!
Today at Goodwin Studios we launched a new website for the Annual Squamish Soccerfest. The website features big photos, easy navigation, built in traffic analytics, and a massive selection of help pages, videos and chat so the group of volunteers will be able to manage their own website inhouse. The system will even allow them to sell their Soccerfest entries online if that's something they decide to do in the future. All this and their Squarespace website costs them only $20 a month.
Why we love Squarespace at Goodwin Studio
- BEAUTIFUL. Their modern templates are beautifully and thoughtfully designed. As well, we can make a lot of custom tweaks using their Custom CSS functions. Small business owners, shop owners, bloggers, designers, artists, restaurants and anyone else who just needs a beautiful and powerful website will love what Squarespace has to offer. Menus, Open Table Reservations, eCommerce, and event calendars are all just a click away.
- ALL IN ONE. Squarespace is a self-contained platform that works seamlessly and is fully managed from top to bottom. This means there’s never any need to update software, plugins, or widgets; patch security vulnerabilities; or worry that changing one component might break something else. It also means there’s rarely any need to investigate or pay for third-party apps or plugins since most functionality is native to Squarespace.
- LOTS OF HELP. Squarespace provides excellent support to its clients. There are extensive help pages, videos and my favourite -online chat.
- MOBILE. Every Squarespace template is mobile responsive so content will look great on all devices.
- GOOGLE FRIENDLY. Every Squarespace website is equipped with all the elements needed for a strong SEO strategy including site descriptions, page titles, custom URLs, search- friendly formatting, site map, and other key elements are all easily managed.
- FLEXIBLE. Squarespace allows us to upscale or downscale a site with new features, control the layout of the pages on a page-by-page basis, or even switch the entire site to a completely different design - at any time, without needing to install any extras,
- FAST! At Goodwin Studios, we can build a Squarespace website in under three weeks providing we've been given all the necessary information, documents and photos. Three weeks and it will be beautiful!
Why you will love Squarespace
We've been working in the website development industry since 1995 and all that time has taught us what most of our clients want from their website.
- SIMPLICITY. Squarespace doesn't take a lot of effort to understand and work with. The dashboard presents a simple list of pages, and there are extensive Help pages and videos to show you how to do anything you want. The templates provided by Squarespace are minimalist, clean, easy on the eyes and very professional looking.
- FUNCTIONALITY. - The drag & drop feature allows easy content manipulation without the need for coding. With Squarespace's functionality, you can skip worrying so much about design and focus on creating more content! Also, unlike Wordpress, you will no longer need a plethora of plug-ins to get certain features and you will no longer need to worry about updates - it's all automatic! Squarespace offers many functions including social media feeds, blogs, small stores, and more! And note, Squarespace makes it easy to migrate your Wordpress blog over to your new Squarespace website.
- GOOGLE FRIENDLY. Not only does your Squarespace template come equipped with all the elements your developer needs for a strong SEO strategy, you can view your traffic directly in your template's dashboard. Plus, in 2018 Squarespace launched a new Traffic Analytics App for iOS and Android offering access to key insights and website analytics from anywhere, at any time.
- BLOGGING. The Squarespace blog features are pretty basic but there are categories and tags and careful choice of template will give you a very well rounded blog. Your posts include drag & drop features and you can edit live -- meaning you don't have to go to the text editor, edit, and hit save just to see what the final post looks like. Squarespace also has a mobile app where you can blog on the go.
- CUSTOMER SUPPORT. You're going to love Squarespace's customer support. You can start by searching through help files, guides, videos and forums. If you can't find what you're looking for, click on Chat and you'll talk, 24/7, with someone who can guide you in the right direction.
- AFFORDABILITY. Not only is the annual hosting fee for Squarespace pretty affordable (rates vary but start as low as $12 us/month) but if you hire Goodwin Studios to build you a Squarespace website you're going to enjoy a very professional site for under $1200. This can include a full blog, social media integration and even a small store! You can see some examples of our Squarespace websites if you click here.
Squarespace isn't for everyone. If you have a massive blog, or if you want a very large store, or if you need membership management capabilities, or individual account holder logins - there are better systems! But most small businesses, shops, organizations, artists, writers, restaurants, and promoters will find everything they need in a Squarespace website.